[meteorite-list] Meteorite Cane

From: mafer_at_domafer.com <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:15 2004

Hi Rafael and list
I to am making a magnetic cane/walking stick but I got some large rare earth
magnets off ebay. Strong enough to lift a few lbs by the feel of it. I plan
to attach it to the end, but not so that it recieves the brunt of the work
when walking ( like it will be up the stick 1/2 to 1 inch or so). If I
understand what the native peoples are doing correctly, then all one would
then need to do is walk slowly and swing the stick just touching the ground
back and forth in front of you as you walk, much like useing a metal
detector.
Is this correct?
Mark