[meteorite-list] NWA 482 questions

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:13 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C28142.E5F41B00

Dear List Members,

First of all I am sorry to hear of David Coleman's passing. I talked to =
him on the phone a few times regarding his awesome writings on lunar =
mineralogy. I ordered some of the products from Science Mall USA and was =
pleased that David and Sarah signed the books I ordered from them. I =
gave some of these books to the scientist at the University of =
Washington as gifts who appreciated them greatly along with the NWA 482 =
mouse mats since they did some study on this stone. I wished I knew him =
as well as other list members and will cherish these signed books =
forever. Again I am sorry to hear of his passing.

As much as I hate to get into this conversation on the list I feel I =
need to make a few things clear about our recent visit to the Sahara.=20

The comment was made that my brother Greg and I are trying to control =
the NWA market. My response to this is quite simple, we will work with =
any list member who asks us questions regarding their finds. Anybody who =
thought they had found a prospective planetary specimen and asked us for =
our advice was encouraged to continue pursuing more regardless of the =
outcome in the lab. We are currently working with three other list =
members who have substantial finds and when they announce their finds we =
will be among the first to congratulate them. We wish only the best for =
whoever finds a rare meteorite and encourage them to continue looking =
for more. Several list members can vouch for this. We are smart enough =
to know that no one team can control the supply of Northwest Africa =
meteorites.=20

Habibi thought that the reporter with us was going to publish something =
bad about Morocco. Nothing could be further from the truth. He was there =
to write about the adventure of planetary meteorite hunting not the =
weight of NWA 482 or any other negative aspect as far as I can tell. The =
article will not be written in a negative tone because it is about =
adventure not fraud. This large magazine, which financed their part in =
this expedition, is more about out on the edge or extreme adventure =
which true out in the desert, meteorite expeditions represent. He was =
very impressed with the Moroccan hospitality and forwardness. He had to =
ask thousands of questions and anything printed will be verified for =
fact or left out. Simply said, it is not about buying meteorites, it is =
about the real searchers, the nomads and how they bring them to market.

It is unfortunate how the correction on the NWA 482 main mass (312 gram) =
holder was published. We only claimed to be the owners of the main mass, =
not the whole stone since we put 50% of the expedition money up front =
and were entitled to the main mass from the moment it changed hands. No =
other investor or expedition member held title to the main mass. It is =
important for the scientific community to know where the main mass is =
for future study. We reported this accuratly on our web site =
WWW.LunarRock.com . =20

Sorry, I have rambled on long enough. I am very tired from a grueling =
three flights back from Morocco. We kept this trip secret so as nothing =
would be staged for the reporter and things would be more natural. Also =
outside investment money was brought in so it needed to be protected. We =
had no idea rumors would be stirred up, even clear out in the desert!=20

Wishing everybody the very best,

Adam Hupe

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C28142.E5F41B00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Dear List Members,</P>
<P>First of all I am sorry to hear of David Coleman's passing. I talked =
to him=20
on the phone a few times regarding his awesome writings on lunar =
mineralogy. I=20
ordered some of the products from Science Mall USA and was pleased that =
David=20
and Sarah signed the books I ordered from them. I gave some of these =
books to=20
the scientist at the University of Washington as gifts who appreciated =
them=20
greatly along with the NWA 482 mouse mats since they did some study on =
this=20
stone. I wished I knew him as well as other list members and will =
cherish these=20
signed books forever. Again I am sorry to hear of his passing.</P>
<P></P>
<P>As much as I hate to get into this conversation on the list I feel I =
need to=20
make a few things clear about our recent visit to the Sahara. </P>
<P>The comment was made that my brother Greg and I are trying to control =
the NWA=20
market.&nbsp; My response to this is quite simple, we will work with any =
list=20
member who asks us questions regarding their finds. Anybody who thought =
they had=20
found a prospective planetary specimen and asked us for our advice was=20
encouraged to continue pursuing&nbsp; more regardless of the outcome in =
the lab.=20
We are currently working with three other list members who have =
substantial=20
finds and when they announce their finds we will be among the first to=20
congratulate them. We wish only the best for whoever finds a rare =
meteorite and=20
encourage them to continue looking for more. Several list members can =
vouch for=20
this. We are smart enough to know that no one team can control the =
supply of=20
Northwest Africa meteorites. </P>
<P>Habibi thought that the reporter with us was going to publish =
something bad=20
about Morocco. Nothing could be further from the truth. He was there to =
write=20
about the adventure of planetary meteorite hunting not the weight of NWA =
482 or=20
any other negative aspect as far as I can tell. The article will not be =
written=20
in a negative tone because it is about adventure not fraud. This large =
magazine,=20
which financed their part in this expedition, is more about out on the =
edge or=20
extreme adventure which true out in the&nbsp;desert, meteorite =
expeditions=20
represent. He was very impressed with the Moroccan hospitality and =
forwardness.=20
He had to ask thousands of questions and anything printed will be =
verified for=20
fact or left out. Simply said, it is not about buying meteorites, it is =
about=20
the real searchers, the nomads and how they bring them to market.</P>
<P>It is unfortunate how the correction on the NWA 482 main mass =
(312&nbsp;gram)=20
holder was published. We only claimed to be the owners of the main mass, =
not the=20
whole stone since we put 50% of the expedition money up front and were =
entitled=20
to the main mass from the moment it changed hands. No other investor or=20
expedition member held title to the main mass. It is important for the=20
scientific community to know where the main mass is for future =
study.&nbsp; We=20
reported this accuratly on our web site <A=20
href=3D"http://www.LunarRock.com">WWW.LunarRock.com</A> . </P>
<P>Sorry, I have rambled on long enough. I am very tired from a grueling =
three=20
flights back from Morocco. We kept this trip secret so as nothing would =
be=20
staged for the reporter and things would be more natural. Also outside=20
investment money was brought in so it needed to be protected. We had no =
idea=20
rumors would be stirred up, even clear out in the desert! </P>
<P>Wishing everybody the very best,</P>
<P>Adam Hupe</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C28142.E5F41B00--