[meteorite-list] Peekskill Meteorite car Update

From: Meteoriteman_at_aol.com <Meteoriteman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:54 2004

    This very brief email message is to inform you that we are offering, for
sale, AT A GREATLY REDUCED PRICE...
The PEEKSKILL METEORITE CAR (details below), on this, the 10th anniversary
year of the fall!

    This sale includes:
1) The Peekskill Meteorite car: a 1980 Chevrolet Malibu, reddish in color.
The car is complete except for the gas tank, which was not included in the
origional purchase, those almost 10 years ago.
2) A Slice of the Peekskill meteorite weighing 37 Grams and measuring 59mm by
36mm and 6mm thin. This PRIME slice also has RED-PAINT markings on the crust
from the impact itself through the back-end of the car!
3) One Origional Liscense Plate
4) One actual-cast replica of the Origional Peekskill meteorite
5) One local newspaper with the Peekskill report of the fall
6) The origional bill of sale of the car signed by Michelle Knapp, the
origional owner
7)Peekskill Policemans Jacket with origional Police Dept. Patch
    This is most of the entire origional exhibit for this scientific treasure!
    The initial asking price was $250,000.00....for JUST the car. We have
decided to include ALL the above mentioned collectibles and to lower the
price of this spectacular package to only $175,000.00 which is FIRM.

If you have interest in discussing this further, and would like additional
information,
please contact me at your earliest convenience...

        You may view images and information about the car on our webpages at:

http://www.nature-source.com/cont_meteor.htm

    The impact of the twelve and a half kilo H6 chondritic meteorite into the
back of
Ms. Michelle Knapp's parked car on the evening of October 9, 1992, in
Peekskill, New York, is the best known
meteoritic event of modern times. Everyone has heard of the "car that was hit
by a
meteorite." The meteoritic fall and the car are very well documented.
    The car, a 1980 Chevrolet Malibu, reddish in color, is owned by Iris and
Alan
Langheinrich, Owners of the famed R.A.Langheinrich Meteorite Collection and
Lang's Fossils and Meteorites.
    I have been contracted, by them, to oversee this offer of sale.

    If this email is improperly addressed, please pass it along to who is
responsible for
purchases and acquisitions.

    Thank you and Very Best Regards; Jake Delgaudio
Jake Delgaudio
The Nature Source
Meteorites and Fossils
423 Ridge Rd.