[meteorite-list] Favorite National Geographic articles

From: Piper R.W. Hollier <piper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:51 2004

At 16:46 22/05/02 -0500, Rafael B. Torres wrote:
>[snip]
>***Im collecting back issues of National Geographic about meteorites and
>planets. If you now some past issue that has an article about it, can you
>tell me the month and year so I can look for it here in Mexico.

Hello Rafael and list,

My favorites in addition to the September 1986 article are:

June 1928, "The Mysterious Tomb of a Giant Meteorite" (first aerial photos
of Meteor Crater)

July 1939, "News of the Universe" (great photos of Tucson Ring and Benld
car basher)

January 1952, "Solving the Riddle of Chubb Crater" (many color photos made
in the summer of 1951 during the first scientific study of this crater in
northern Canada, an expedition co-sponsored by the National Geographic Society)

Piper