[meteorite-list] Lawrencite-like oozing from an H6 Impact Melt Breccia

From: capricorn89 <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:51 2004

Hi Mal,

Yes, believe it or not stones can and do have the "Lawrencite" disease. The
same greenish-ooze! There is considerable iron in stones too, and it does
happen. I have an El Hammami that is terrible in this regard, and some
Saharan H chondrites as well. I'd treat it the same way as you have, in
anhydrous alcohol (not even 99%).
Blot the ooze at once, don't let it get started, and change the alcohol
often until it stops. It will give up eventfully.

Ron Hartman