[meteorite-list] Orgueil inclusions

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

Hi there!
I think that the fine white crystals you see are sulphate efflorescences
that are on all specimens of Orgueil and are caused by terrestriallisation
ie reaction of moisture with various compounds within the matrix.

See Gounelle & Zolensky, "A terrestrial origin for sulfate veins in CI1
chondrites" published in the Meteoritics and Planetary Science, Vol. 36, No.
10, Oct 2001 for the complete article!

Spinally yours,
Still awaiting my spine op....

dave