[meteorite-list] Classic eBay M-Wrong

From: John Reed <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

--------------D11EE9C73131A3EC439F7FE0

Ken , I think your making to big a deal out of this. Any serious person
will check them out before spending a sizable amount of money You spent
40.00 on a phony
but, look what it got you your now an expert on the whole subject You
know what they say about guilt or innocence in the criminal justice
system " Its better that
100 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man be found guilty " here's how
that applies to meteorites Its better that a 100 people buy a 40.00
fake than 1 real
meteorite be discarded Also even fake meteorites can make people
curious and genuinely interested which means your collection is worth
more just by the amount
of that interest I am a licensed landscape contractor and guess what? I
charge more because a lot of times the unlicensed can't do the work
therefor more work is
funneled to me more demand for a higher standard means more for $ me. I
think meteorites will naturally follow that same course and be found out
in the end only
to the benefit of the legitimate collector I really think the focus
should be on quicker and more conclusive testing Universities are not
well equiped for real testing
and I know by thier methods they are probably overlooking the most
rarest type the low metals since they primarily test with a magnet
Where are all the private labs
hiding where you can pay and find out EXACTLY what you have? , they are
out there but' their not set up for meteorite ID that well Its not an
easy process getting
a straight answer on a rock sample in fact its very difficult it needs
to be streamlined Is their a machine you can buy to test samples? shove
it in like an oven turn a
dial out comes a print out of your samples enerts, if there is I'm
going to get one and start charging all those fakers 5$ each to
conclusively absolutely, undeniably
certifiably identify their ? I think ther could be a big demand What
do you think? Also check this out, this is what the universitiy
called quartz let me know what
you think http://www.FINDALLTRADES.COM/projects/Snowwhite.htm Thanks
John
        Here's my quote
       "leave them alone, and they'll come home
     wagging their tales behind them"
                                   Little bo peep

--------------D11EE9C73131A3EC439F7FE0

&nbsp;
will check them out before spending a sizable amount of money You spent
40.00 on a phony
know what they say&nbsp; about guilt or innocence in the criminal justice
system " Its better that
how that applies to meteorites&nbsp; Its better that a 100 people buy a
40.00&nbsp; fake than 1 real
curious and genuinely interested which means your collection is worth more
just by the amount
I charge more because a lot of times&nbsp; the unlicensed can't do the
work therefor more work is
I think meteorites will naturally follow that same course and be found
out in the end only
the focus should be on quicker and more&nbsp; conclusive testing Universities
are not well equiped for real testing
rarest type the low metals since they primarily test with a magnet&nbsp;
Where are all the private labs
are out there but' their not set up for meteorite ID that well&nbsp; Its
not an easy process getting
it needs to be streamlined Is their a machine you can buy to test samples?
shove it in like an oven turn a
I'm going to get one and start charging all those fakers 5$ each to conclusively
absolutely, undeniably
What do you think?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also check this out,&nbsp; this is
what the universitiy called quartz let me know what
Thanks John
come home
Little bo peep</html>