[meteorite-list] Meteor-Wrong Gone from Ebay

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

--=====================_720100==_.ALT

At 04:41 PM 3/21/02 -0500, Sharkkb8_at_aol.com wrote:

>>? An auction can be canceled at any time buy the seller ?
>
>If it hasn't received any bids, yes. Seems fair....it might frustrate
>people who were planning on bidding on it, but from the seller's point of
>view, if there's absolutely no bidder-commitment, no visible interest on
>his item, he should be able to change his mind about selling it, for
>whatever reason.
>
> Gregory

You can close an Ebay auction early even if there are bids on the
item. Doing so on a regular basis will bring action against you from Ebay,
but there are legitimate reasons to close an auction early. Before it can
be closed, all the bid must be canceled.

I closed an auction early just a few weeks ago when I found out the
meteorite I had listed wasn't really what my wholesaler claimed it was.

John
John Gwilliam Meteorites
PO Box 26854
Tempe AZ 85285
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com
--=====================_720100==_.ALT

At 04:41 PM 3/21/02 -0500, Sharkkb8_at_aol.com wrote:<br>
An auction can be canceled at any time buy the seller ?
If it hasn't received any bids, yes.&nbsp; Seems fair....it might
frustrate people who were planning on bidding on it, but from the
seller's point of view, if there's absolutely no bidder-commitment, no
visible interest on his item, he should be able to change his mind about
selling it, for whatever reason. <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory <br>
You can close an Ebay auction early even if there are bids on the
item.&nbsp; Doing so on a regular basis will bring action against you
from Ebay, but there are legitimate reasons to close an auction
early.&nbsp; Before it can be closed, all the bid must be canceled.&nbsp;
I closed an auction early just a few weeks ago when I found out the
meteorite I had listed wasn't really what my wholesaler claimed it
was.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
John<br>