[meteorite-list] Rose City

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:30 2004

Gregory wrote:

> I did an interview with Dr. Alan Rubin for Meteorite Magazine a few
> years back, and while I was in his office he kindly shared a number of
> prize specimens with me, among them a sizeable piece of Rose City.

GEHRELS T. et al. (1979) Asteroids (UoA Press, Bogard D.D.: Chronology
of Asteroid Collisions as Recorded in Meteorites, pp. 558-578, excerpt
from p. 563):

Rose City shows partial melting, separation and apparent flow of the
metal from the silicate, and unmelted clasts. These features suggest
relatively rapid mixing and cooling of material with appreciably
different temperatures. The shock reheating temperature of parts
of Rose City may have been as high as 1200°C (Begemann and
Wlotzka, 1969).

Best regs,

Bernd