[meteorite-list] Rose City H5 Chondrite Auction Questioning/Picture

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:30 2004

--part1_18.1bf182bc.29c7a1d5_boundary

 michguy7_at_mac.com writes:

> Anybody want to take a look to compare....
> From ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1081837462
> From ASU - http://meteorites.asu.edu/rose.htm

I did an interview with Dr. Alan Rubin for Meteorite Magazine a few years
back, and while I was in his office he kindly shared a number of prize
specimens with me, among them a sizeable piece of Rose City. It was on loan
to UCLA, from Glenn MacPherson & the Smithsonian. It was absolutely
stunningly brecciated....looked a whole lot more like "Door #2" than "Door
#1" of the above, for what it's worth. (No pics, I didn't have a digital
camera then. Rats!).

Gregory

--part1_18.1bf182bc.29c7a1d5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2> michguy7_at_mac.com writes:
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Anybody want to take a look to compare....
<BR>From ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1081837462
<BR>From ASU - http://meteorites.asu.edu/rose.htm</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR>I did an interview with Dr. Alan Rubin for Meteorite Magazine a few years back, and while I was in his office he kindly shared a number of prize specimens with me, among them a sizeable piece of Rose City. &nbsp;&nbsp;It was on loan to UCLA, from Glenn MacPherson &amp; the Smithsonian. &nbsp;&nbsp;It was absolutely stunningly brecciated....looked a whole lot more like "Door #2" than "Door #1" of the above, for what it's worth. &nbsp;(No pics, I didn't have a digital camera then. &nbsp;Rats!). &nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_18.1bf182bc.29c7a1d5_boundary--