[meteorite-list] To My investors

From: FRANK B CRESSY <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:28 2004

To those who tire of the Mike and Dean show, click "delete" now :-)

Hello all,

At the risk of having sand thrown at me from the sandbox, I'd like to
publicly say that I'm one of Mike's investors, and one that is quite happy
with the results of the seven investment trips I've participated in. Mike
asked for some support and I have no problem doing that to help set the
record straight, at least from my perspective. Obviously I'm not one of the
unhappy investors that Dean has been referring to.

 I've gotten a lot of good and bad material from the trips, but that is
what was expected. The results of some trips have been better than others,
also expected. I did not participate in these trips to make a lot of money,
but to the increase my collection of these wonderful space rocks. I've
gotten great large slices of several chondrites, super whole individuals,
and, of course, some large pieces of rare material. I've also gotten ugly
weathered materal too, but that's the nature of the investment. Is a super
looking, thumbprinted 6 kilo ordinary chondrite individual worth the cost of
one investment? How about the other with the other 6 kilos of material and a
bit of rare material too? I certainly think so. I've traded some material
away and have sold a bit too, and my collection is much larger for it. I
collect, I study, I learn....so I'm quite happy. And overall I think I've
increased the value of my collection well over the amount I've invested even
discounting my large slice of NWA 482 which I won't ever break up. Nothing
wrong with being "lucky".

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that Dean is under the impression
that Mike's "investors" only invested to make money on the trips. That seems
to be his bottom line and I won't argue with that. I certainly could have
made money on these investments by liquidating the material, even at Dean's
prices, but again, that wasn't the reason for my investing. I don't know if
Dean has a collection (couldn't find a link on his website) so maybe he
doesn't understand this philosophy. As I understand it, Dean also has his
"investors" for much of his material. They just happen to live in Morocco
and have sent material to Dean on consignment.

So what do we have for my bottom line? Have I recovered all the money I've
spent in the investment trips? No. Will I? Probably.
Have I increased the "value" of my collection over the price I've invested?
Certainly!
Am I a happy camper? Yes

My 2 cents,
Frank