[meteorite-list] Digital Photography

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:28 2004

Hi Matteo and All,

The Nikon D1 I used one summer was a real battery pig. However, there have
been several upgrades in the models so I believe it is much better now.
Moose Peterson has a great website on this stuff.

Here is one of his excellent digital camera websites:

http://www.nikondigital.org/

My 5000 and 775 are fairly light on the batteries. But I can burn them up in
a day if I use the LCD a lot, or do in-camera viewing and deletions. On
another note, I use 265MB cards in them and I believe I get about 20
max-resolution uncompressed images with the 5000 and about 120 images with
the 775. They are really different-use cameras.

I also have the cable-releases/intervalometer for them, which is a feature I
believe is not available for most other digital cameras. It is really a
slick little accessory.

Nikon does have some other battery options for the cameras, but I only have
the single rechargeable batteries and the AC adapter.

Cheers,

Martin