[meteorite-list] Winona/Canyon Diablo

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:27 2004

Hi All,

To say that Winona is weathered is an understatement.

Imagine the rustiest, crustiest pile of fragments loosely bound, just barely
overcoming the force of gravity...now apply the term weathered to it and you
have Winona. Don't believe me, have a look at this pic.

http://aristotle.isu.edu/winona.jpg

Cheers,

Martin