[meteorite-list] R4 Blowout Sale on Ebay

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:25 2004

I didnt spend as much time as other dealers in the meteorite markets
searching over resellers meteorites when I was in morocco in January - as
unlike other dealers I usually go out into the desert where the nomads live
to buy my meteorites so that I get first look at what is being offered.
Since I was there anyway though I did spend a couple days going around to
all of the resellers and there is currently a large amount of the R
chondrites that you have recently been seeing offered for general sale
available in morocco now but the nomads and moroccan resellers all know what
it is and after seing it offered for $200 a gram on ebay they want big bucks
for it.
I bought a few R4 stones and sold most of what I bought to my regular
buyers. I have remaining a single 69 gram R4 that I have just cut up and put
on ebay at the lowest price that any R chondrite has ever been offered at by
any dealer. Becides the ebay auctions I have a 3.48 and a 4.78 gram complete
slice and a 12.7 and a 16.5 gram endpieces. The endpieces might be sold as I
am meeting a customer later today but whatever I have left out of these four
specimens is $35 a gram to list members if I dont sell it today. Or see my
ebay auctions. User id "amunre". I have just listed 16 auctions of the
current R4 material that is currently circulating around morocco on ebay.
All of the auctions have buy it now options so check asap for first choice.
When I am in Morocco I usually get first look at the meteorites that are
offered for sale so you might want to be first to do the same with
my ebay auctions in order to get best pickings.
Cheers
DEAN