[meteorite-list] Boggy Creek "meteorite" bog.

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:35 2004

As I had previously mentioned, some time aqo almost a
year ago a guy (S. Ray DeRusse {sp}) solicited me
regarding his "finds"

I had a brief exchange with him, and gave my opinion
based on the photos and the "research" that he provided
that to him demonstrated that his finds were lunar and
rarer than any known meteorite.

Bogus was and remains my opinion.

I challenged him to send a sample to UCLA or any
institution recognized by the Meteoritical Society...

He refused.

Now, after months I found that he has posted excerpts
of my e-mail with him-- and in a challenge for me to
have a dialog with him he essentially defames me to get
me riled.

Of course I won't... as my discourse with this
character ended after the first round of e-mails almost
a year ago.

He also mentions Dr. Art Elhman (sp) curator of the
Monning collection in such a way as to somehow give
creedence to his claims that this so called "Boggy
Creek" find of his is what he says it is.

And he asks $25,000 per/gram for it.

I know we have gone over this before, but

Who is this guy? S. Ray DeRusse?

Of course I will not, no matter what he posts regarding
me, respond to him... but it woudl be nice for me to
know a bit more about this character.

Steve Schoner