[meteorite-list] Re: Fancy Dress (Was "Unethical Rubbish")

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:12 2004

Mark posted:

>I have no problem with the crash helmet, but how many of us guys do you
>think are gonna go for wearing a "fancy dress" to this party?

Dear Mark:

Anything is possible in the world of meteorites! We did fairly well
this past February, costume-wise, at the annual Meteor Mayhem
birthday bash. The photos are here, for anyone who didn't see them
earlier in the year:

http://www.paleozoic.org/tucson/events.htm

"The original" Steve Arnold, Dave Freeman, and I were all done up in
our best Wild West gear; several other (ladies and gentleman) were
extremely well dressed; and our very cool Mexican band were worthy of
a "Musician" magazine cover. So, I have high expectations for future
parties.

Of course we'd never dream of making dressing up compulsory. I mean,
it's not England : )

Geoff N.