[meteorite-list] Making Micromount Meteorites

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

--------------E6122B514229725352A4E70F

Walter,
Your new micromount page is excellent.
The step by step instruction is sorely needed and very much appreciated.

I've noticed many new persons ask 'cutting and polishing' questions only
to have their queries left unanswered (unless someone responds to them
privately).
Thank You for such a helpful contribution.
Best,
Ken Newton

Walter Branch wrote:

> Hello Everyone, Okay, the server problem is now resolved and I am
> "back in business." As I stated yesterday, I have added a page to my
> site that basically shows how I go about making micromount meteorites
> for sale and trade. I have received a lot of questions along these
> lines lately, as a result of the free Sudburys I gave away about a
> week ago, which is really what I had intended (interest in
> micromounts, that is). The page has 17 images so it is a bit slow to
> load (sorry) so unless you have a high speed connection you might want
> to start the page, go get some coffee, read the newspapaer, etc. then
> come back to the computer :-) This is how I do it and this page is
> intended for novices and persons new to the hobby or someone who has
> never used a lapidary saw. Others may do it differently and with
> different materials but his way seems to work for me. I would
> encourage anyone who has an interest to "go for it," start slicing,
> and lets trade micromounts. I am sure I will receive some "I can't
> believe you use this or do it this way" type email, but the way I see
> it, the more people make micromounts, the more opportunities I have to
> trade with others and the lower the cost will be when buying and
> selling them, due to increased competition. Competition among dealers
> and sellers is something this hobby really needs as the present time
> (just my opinion). If any of you "old pros" feel I have left out a
> step or something could be explained in more detail, please let me
> know. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. -Walter
> Walter Branch, Ph.D.
> Branch Meteorites
> 322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B
> Savannah, GA 31405 USA
> www.branchmeteorites.com

--------------E6122B514229725352A4E70F

Walter,
only to have their queries left unanswered (unless someone responds to
them privately).
I stated yesterday, I have added a page to my site that basically shows
how I go about making micromount meteorites for sale and trade.&nbsp; I
have received a lot of questions along these lines lately, as a result
of the free Sudburys I gave away about a week ago, which is really what
page has 17 images so it is a bit slow to load (sorry) so unless you have
a high speed connection you might want to start the page, go get some coffee,
is how I do it and this page is intended for novices and persons new to
the hobby or someone who has never used a lapidary saw.&nbsp; Others may
do it differently and with different materials but his way seems to work
for me.&nbsp; I would encourage anyone who has an interest to "go for it,"
am sure I will receive some "I can't believe you use this or do it this
way" type email, but the way I see it, the more people make micromounts,
the more opportunities I have to trade with others and the lower the cost
will be when buying and selling them, due to increased competition.&nbsp;