[meteorite-list] Re: micromounts!

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

Thank you, everyone who sent me information about pages etc. regarding
Nemesis. I have the book Nemesis the death-star on order through our
library, but had little success trying to link to some of the websites
that were suggested.

Thank you also, Michael for your explanation and kind words regarding
micromounts. I was around for the "Bessey Speck" thread, but somehow
missed the definition of a micromount. I also have a "zippy" little
pallasite micromount, an Esquel chip the size of my pinky nail, but with
an absolutely perfect translucent grass green olivine crystal 2/3
surrounded by metal. Despite its small size, it outshines the rest of my
pallasites in tiny perfection. A well-prepared micromount is superior to
a larger specimen that does not do its source justice.

Long live the micromount!

Tracy Latimer