[meteorite-list] Bad Astronomy book

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:09 2004

Has anyone out there read the new book by Phil Plait yet? He is the Bad
Astronomer (www.badastronomy.com) and has written a book about many common
astronomical misconception, delusions, and just plain bad thinking about
our universe. If anyone has read "Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and
Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing 'Hoax'", I would
like to hear whether it is worth picking up. If no one has read it yet, I
may go ahead and review it myself!

He is currently giving an interview on the Art Bell show, but our lousy AM
reception pooped out after the first half hour, just as he was discussing
Tunguska and why there was no crater. If you have better radio reception
than us, give it a listen and see what you think.

Tracy Latimer