[meteorite-list] METEORITE CONTEST #5 - FREE BOOKS!

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:09 2004

Hi Mark,
The best meteorite book I ever read was "Find a Falling Star" by Nininger. It just
got me so caught up in the excitement of meteorites I had to get one of my own.
And it revealed Nininger's shear grit and determination during hard times to make
a life for himself and his family collecting rocks most people ignored. I admire
both his courage and contributions.
The book I'd like to read but remains as yet unwritten is a complete account of
the Sahara/NWA meteorite rush of the 1990s-2000s. The book would have
photographs of nomads, dealers, the kids who drag the magnets through the
Taza strewnfeld and all the stories to go along with them. We are living in a
unique time, and the opportunity to get these stories into writing and pictures
won't come again.
The book I'd like to see Richard Norton write is a biography of meteorite
collectors -- a selection of famous and little-known folks -- complete with lots of
photographs of their favorite pieces, in-depth interviews along with tips on
hunting, displaying and preserving collections and of course, what motivates their
passion for collecting.
Thanks,
Bob King

> Hello Everybody,
>
> It's METEORITE CONTEST #5. FREE METEORITE BOOKS!!!
>
> This summer and fall has me pretty busy and I havent ran a contest lately so......here we go!
>
> What is the best meteorite book you have read?
>
> AND
>
> What is the meteorite book you would like to read?
>
> Just to make it a little harder you cannot answer with either of Richard Norton's books. (Note to anyone interested in meteorites: If you do not have Norton's books, GET THEM, e'nuff said)
>
> For bonus points you can answer..
>
> "The book I would really like to see Richard Norton write is......"
>
> The Rules: All entries should be e-mailed to the meteorite list. Entries sent only to me will not be counted. I will give out at least 4 free different meteorite or closely related books and pay the shipping. Entries can be in as few or as many words as you like...and just for a stupid rule to
make it a little harder....you can not say the word meteorite or meteorites more then 4 times. E-mail any questions.