[meteorite-list] Mull Collection

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:06 2004

On Wed, 10 July 2002, "Rob Wesel" wrote

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello all-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Anyone out there know of a deceased collector named
Mull and, if so, can you provide me with a little biography. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><BR>--<BR>Rob Wesel<BR>------------------<BR>We are
the music makers...and we are the dreamers of the dreams.<BR>Willy Wonka,
1971</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

My first experience with a Mr. Mull, of Mull's Meteorites, was in 1966. He had placed an add in a magazine, I think Astronomy, titled. "Iron Meteorites, thumb sized, $3.00"

Of course I bought one only to be surprised to find a chunk of meteorite iron oxide.

I wrote him back and told him that this is not a true iron nickel meteorite but a highly terrestrialized one.

He wrote me back, I may still have the letter, telling me that the differece is like water and ice...

(a very bad analogy)

Other than that experience from 1966 I have had no other contacts with him. I think that he corresponded with Nininger and Huss, and that he ran a very low key meteorite business in the days past when meteorites were not popular.

Steve Schoner

<pre>
Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.</pre></pre>