[meteorite-list] New Meteorite?/ JAKE/Humor

From: Meteoriteman_at_aol.com <Meteoriteman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:56 2004

   Hello all: As I sit here getting "ready" for the annual pilgrimage to
Tucson, it snow very heavy. We are expecting 12-17 inches here in the
Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York, today....with the added bonus of
freezing rain tonight.
   I am so excited.
   As I was looking out the window this morning while drinking my hot cup of
decaf tea, I noticed something falling from the sky.
    I quickly put on my Wolverines and headed out. Eventually I found the
BURNING mass in the snow...which was melted away...and I did notice a "tail"
and what appeared to be four legs, resembling a dog. The "dog" had fell from
the heavens and hit a rock. UGH for the dog.
    I have named this dog-meteorite "POUNDER"...as it "Pounded" that rock
pretty darn good!
    I have decided, as a special gift to my list friends, to bring the
remains with me to Tucson, and planned on selling it off there.
    I am thinking of quarter-pound lots.
    You would need $1.00 for such a "lot"...and you MUST bring your own
burger bun.
    simply look for the sign that says" Quarter Pounders".
    PS: Cheese is extra $.10 and simply ask for "Quarter pounder with cheese".
    Supplies are limited as I estimate weight of this fall at only 10
kilos...apparently this dog-meteorite was quite friable!
    Best wishes; See ya in Tucson; jake

     Jake Delgaudio
The Nature Source
Meteorites and Fossils
Queensbury, NEW YORK 12804
website: www.nature-source.com
email: meteoriteman_at_aol.com
email: mammoth357_at_aol.com
Phone:(518) 761-6702
Fax; (518) 798-9107
Proud member of:
The Meteoritical Society and
The Paleontological Suppliers of America
IMCA#4262