[meteorite-list] The Moroccan CR2 meteorite

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:54 2004

<P>I guess that we are going to regularly get exposed to the Mike Farmer Pre Tucson freak show every year now as he attacks other dealers buying NWA meteorites. I guess that it will be a Tucson ritual from now on. I would like to refer everybody to last years list archaives where he started attacking Bruno and accusing him somehow interfering with his meteorite buying (Although nobody has actually figured out how Bruno was doing this). Looks like you had a problem at the airport once with your meteorites and accused Bruno of causing problems for you&nbsp;with customs (Its in the list archaives - go find them). Bruno was quite happy tp point out how to get the export permits needed to legally export&nbsp;meteorites from Morocco. Unlike you, most other people like Bruno are helpful. He willingly pointed out&nbsp;to you&nbsp;what most sane business people would have done and did research on the local laws where he was doing business before he lined up "investors". For everybodys information Morocco has meteorit
e export laws. You need an export permit to export meteorites from morocco. It is a day and a half&nbsp;process at the moroccan ministry of mines to get one. But you never ever got one did you? Thats right every one of your customers that you have sold NWA meteorites to has an illegal meteorite. EVERY SINGLE METEORITE FROM NWA THAT YOU HAVE SOLD TO YOUR CUSTOMERS WAS ILLEGALLY EXPORTED. They are in the same catagory as if you found some Tagish Lake in your search in Canada and illegally carried it out and sold it.You know its true. You dont have export permits and that you have sold all of your customers illegal meteorites. </P>
<P>Likely you wont have the moroccan government coming after you with the H5s but with&nbsp;the rare stuff like your lunar you just had better hope that your customers dont get exposed to some future US government agreement with the moroccans to return all illegal meteorites (Dont think that this is not a possibility - the US government is quite willing to confiscate and return illegally exported artifacts from certain latin american countries that they have agreements with to do so).</P>
<P>But lets talk about the Lunar a little more. How happy is the person who you bought it from? You had a little run in with the police last week in Morocco didnt you? You never broke any law I guess as you didnt end up in jail but your past dealings in morocco have gotten you some bad enemies in Morocco. Any some will try to cause legal problems for you.&nbsp;I dont know if they are justified or not but you seem to have had some bad business dealings and when you were recently in morocco got some personal threats from people that you bought meteorites from in the past didnt you farmer. You can bet that they would cause you more trouble if they could. Your investors just had better hope that nobody in morocco tips off the customs people that you illegally export meteorites and get them all confiscated on you. I doubt that you have money to pay all of your investors back. Just goes to show how you treat the people that you deal with over there and how happy they are. Maybe let the buyers of your Lunar know&nb
sp; exactly how the moroccans like your handling of that. Interestingly you have not attacked Bruno this past year.I guess that you have finally realized that Bruno is not going to seriously try to cause problems for you. He is just there to earn money like the rest of us. There are enough meteorites for us all and most buyers are happy with that. Apparantly you have more worries about that from past&nbsp;Moroccan business partners than you do from Bruno.</P>
<P>If you want to keep this mud slingly up I can include even more details about your lunar that I am sure that your investors would be interested in. You have made some serious enemies in Morocco Farmer. And they talk. I know what you have been up to. But I wont tell anybody myself. It would just seem like I am just another bitching meteorite dealer who dont like competation so this will be (Hopefully) my last email on this. I dont want to expose list members to more of this crap.&nbsp;I think that what I will do instead is subscribe Amuri (The guy that you bought the lunar from) to this meteorite list. This list could include some nomads anyway. Let him tell the world what he and other moroccans think of you. I dont know what Amouri would say to us all about you but Vegas&nbsp;would give odds that it wouldent be positive.&nbsp;Its not a vacant wasteland over there you know. Any more than Canadas north is not a wasteland filled with uneducated glue sniffing&nbsp;natives niave to the outside world. They even
 have internet over there. Maybe I should also fully inform Amuri about the moroccan laws as it applies to meteorites and how that Lunar that you bought from him (Like everything else that you have from over there) was illegaly exported from Morocco. That even includes your CR2. Anybody who buys any from you has an illegal meteorite. I am sure that some people dont care about that. If I offered some St Robert or Bruderheim that was recently found&nbsp;some people would be willing to buy it from me. But others wouldent.But since it is such a rare type of meteorite you should get your $50 asking price for your illegal CR2&nbsp;&nbsp;anyway - just as soon as I get all of my legally exported stuff sold.&nbsp;You are still getting sales for your illegal NWA482 so I guess that you dont care about minor details like what the law says. What is the NWA482 going for now anyway? I believe that $900 a gram was the last offering price that I herd and there was few takers anymore. That price is likely to go down again to.
 I certainly wouldent pay $900 for that stuff.</P>
<P>I have to go now. I wont have internet again for 3 days so I dont plan on sending anymore emails to add to the Farmer Pre Tucson Freak show. List members dont need this crap anyway.Most people are here to learn about meteorite - not wither or not farmer is feeling depressed about his penis size this week.</P>