[meteorite-list] Vaccuum-Packed Campos

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:51 2004

All,

Recently I bought a 100 g lot of Campo fragments from a dealer on eBay. He
used the user name "Enchanted Treasures." (In fact, some discussion of
belly-dancing was sparked by this gentleman's self-introduction to the
list.) The Campo fragments are all 1-2 g each and apparently were tumbled
- all are nice and shiny.

When they arrived I was surprised to see a small factory sealed package.
No zip-lock style bag here. In fact, the meteorites are double bagged and
clearly were vacuum-packed like ground coffee. Has anyone seen this before?
I'm just curious now about the process and who might be doing it.

I was going to sell the little campos for a couple of dollars each in the
gift shop of my observatory, but the bag looks so nifty I may not have the
heart to open it up!

Bob Martino Can you really name a star?
                                       http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
"I look up to the heavens