[meteorite-list] Reward offered, bounty hunters listen up!

From: Philip R. Burns <pib_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:49 2004

At 04:50 PM 1/21/02 -0500, you wrote:
>We all agree it would be fascinating to find a copy of the appropriate 1911
>issue of the Nile Delta, Arabic-language newspaper, "Al Ahali" with it's
>farmer-saw-a-dog-get-hit-by-a-meteorite mention. What a souvenir! I'd matte
>and frame it and hang it in my office. Maybe, as you suggest, there would be
>additional info not found in the "Egyptian Gazette" which translated the "Al
>Ahali" story. But maybe not. How do you propose "we" acquire this paper?

Perhaps the place to start, if you have an Arabic speaker at hand, is with
the current editors of this paper which is still published. In fact, they
now have a web site at

         http://www.alahali.com

I do not read or speak Arabic so I can't help out in that regard.

-- Philip R. "Pib" Burns
    pib_at_pibburns.com
    http://www.pibburns.com/