[meteorite-list] Authenticity Statement

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:46 2004

Dear Rhett and fellow association members, List membership;
The web site of IMCA is very well done I feel. It captures the
simplicity and yet dedication in which we all have come together.
 Jake's verse is very well written. I am more proud of the assemblage
of members and board members than I am of my Logo shirt, which I just
think is the cats' meow!

I conducted a program today for the local historical society today
about meteorites and had a very nice 45 minute show and tell. I
answered a couple dozen questions about everything meteorite. I wore
the logo shirt and discussed it's meaning. I had a number of very
positive public comments from ebay users that noted that more than
meteorite groups need the *Seal* and the dealer integrity. Those with
comment all said that the system we had devised of self policing and
fraternity of the guild were the most precious of ideals and they would
welcome this type of focus in antiques and other fields of ebay/auction
sites. Their comments were all very positive. They were not unique
meteorite purchasers but general auction site users.
How's that for a tid bit of good news. I didn't sell any meteorites
today, but I did give away a nice small slice of Gibeon iron to the
person who came the closest to guessing the weight of my 1.25 pound
Odessa. Average guess is almost always 3 pounds.
Thank you one and all for a wonderful logo, a great IMCA web site, and
an even richer email list.
Thank you sincerely,
Dave Freeman