AW: [meteorite-list] Opinion about strange meteorite

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:44 2004

Bob and List,

"ventifact - n. a pebble or cobble that has been faceted, grooved, and
polished by the erosive action of wind-driven sand."

If you would like to see a picture of a really outstanding one, follow this
link.

http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/ventifac.htm

This ventifact is located in the Geology Department at Arizona State
University in Tempe, Arizona.

Regards,

John Gwilliam