AW: [meteorite-list] Opinion about strange meteorite

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:44 2004

Norbert Classen wrote:

> http://users.skynet.be/meteorite.be/keskecest.html

> Especially the ME08 looks nice and has a good chance to
> qualify as a meteorright - however, don't ask me what kind
> of meteorite it might be. My first impression was that it
> might represent some type of carbonaceous chondrite, a
> CK or more likely a CO, but since it is stated that it
> contains NO carbon NOR any metal I really don't know...

Nor do I. But the reassembled pieces look like the lower trunk of a
pyramid - in other words: if it is a meteorite it may have been oriented
with the upper part of the pyramid still missing and Vince's description
plus the chocolate-like coating (see NWA 482) reminiscent of flow lines
leads me to a very audacious assumption:

Could that be another lunar meteorite???

Best assumptions,

Bernd