[meteorite-list] NWA 788

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:43 2004

Dave Harris wrote:

> I've just got some cute little NWA 788 from Jim
> Strope (thanks Jim!) and noted they are brecciated.

Hello Dave and List,

To me NWA 788 is one of the most visually appealing brecciated
meteorites I have ever seen. I also proudly own an 18.9 gram whole
stone cut in two halves which I acquired from Jim via EBay. It shows
awesome brecciation and fascinates me even more than my itsy bitsy
NWA 482 + thin section (also from Jim). In fact, the two halves I
got from Jim fascinated me so much that I acquired another piece, a
partially oriented individual with primary and secondary fusion crust
and outstanding flow lines (from Greg Hupé - also via EBay). I do
love this little breccia! See JPEGs in my private mail to you.

Best wishes,

Bernd