[meteorite-list] My First Piece

From: FRANK B CRESSY <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

Hello all,

My first meteorite was a cool looking 96 gram highly regmaglypted
Sikhote-Alin that I bought from Jim Strope. I'm a geologist and wanted a
representative sample of a meteorite if someone wanted me to show them one.
(I had just had someone bring in the "family rock" to identify, a wind
sculpted, crossbedded sandstone that they thought was valuable and had been
carrying around for years).
Then I found that stoney meteorites were more common and so bought small
slices of Allende and Jilin (my birthday meteorite) from Mike Farmer. I
think that's about when I discovered David Weir's website. Probably need a
small piece of an achondrite...and a completely crusted individual (small
oriented Holbrook, thank's again Mike)...and an etched
iron...and...and....and what, thin sections? cool! need one of
those....and...and....
Amazing how fast one can get hooked;-)

Regards,
Frank
Something over 250 specimens and no longer keeping track of how much I've
spent. Thank goodness of the NWA finds :-)