[meteorite-list] Meteorite May Have Fallen In Maryland

From: Stephen E. Smith <vickie-steve-smith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:11 2004

Hi everyone,
    I just spoke to Mrs. Pearce about the stone. They took it to the Smithsonian today and it
turns out to be sandstone. They are very embarrassed and were sorry their friend from NASA
called the media.
    I am sending both their boys a meteorite so they aren't disappointed about the whole
experience. Steve