[meteorite-list] Oriented Taza

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:11 2004

Marcin wrote:

> Dont You think, that in TAZA is too much oriented specimen? Why ?
> This was met. rain, than why this small meteorites not rotate on air?

Hello Marcin and List,

Well, first of all, I'd say that several Tazas are not so very oriented
in the classical sense of the term - I'd rather call them weakly or
slightly oriented and as for the ones which show a certain amount of
orientation, my guess is that the smaller Tazas did not break apart upon
impact or during atmospheric entry but entered the atmosphere as several
small individuals (like a rubble pile or a meteor shower) and could thus
keep a relatively stable position on their way through the atmosphere.

> I also search for good quality, big photos
> of big Taza (above 1kg) and big slices :)

So go to Scott Brey's website but be careful you might
start salivating the farther you scroll down :-)

http://www.planetbreymeteorites.com/

Best wishes,

Bernd