[meteorite-list] more putorana

From: Starbits_at_aol.com <Starbits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:10 2004

<Has anyone out there got any pics of the other iron in basalt from these other sources?
 I was just interested to see if they were similar in appearance.>

   I saw a sample of some native iron at the Tucson show, it was not for sale and I didn't get a picture, but here is a description as I recall it.

   I believe it was from Iceland. It was a uniform greenish gray color, no real structure to the matrix. There were flecks of metal about 1mm across. The flecks were sparse maybe 1 per 4 square cm. I don't think that someone with a lot of meteorite experience would mistake it for a meteorite, like you could with putorana.

Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com