[meteorite-list] Re: Science Fair Project

From: J.B. Goleman <viol_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:07 2004

Hi Alex: What a wonderful demonstration of the advancement of science!
Compare your Murchinson meteorite fragments as the source of "organic
molecules" to the source used in my classroom plant growth rate
experiment more than a few years ago - the manure pile behind the local
stable. In the interest of enhancing the validity of your plant growth
rate factor experiment, I suggest that you consider adding a third
subject - one utilizing fragments of another meteorite - a common
chondrite not known to be bearing "essential nutrients and organic
molecules" such as found in Murchinson. I hope that one of the
scientists on the Meteorite List will explain to you, in artful
language, exactly what (I intuitively feel) will be the benefit of such
an addition. In any event, please report your findings to the List. Good
luck, Joel Goleman...P.S. I hope that your organic molecules work half
as well as mine did!