[meteorite-list] Re: Mohamed & Constructive info

From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com <SSachs9056_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:02 2004

To Robert, Mohamed and list,

Robert, that was a very nice reply you gave to Mohamed and certainly showed
true patience and understanding and also great useful information in which he
can use! I also can understand the frustration of the others and how they
have given up on giving advise to someone who may not be paying attention.

But then again, maybe Mohamed IS paying attention. I have re-read all of
Mohamed's e-mails very carefully, and have notice that he is very careful to
avoid using any: names of institutions, the name of the "Meteorite Lab" that
is doing the testing, any personal information about where he went to school,
who he is, etc; all in all, Mohamed has told us alot, but has not really said
anything. All sizzle and no steak. He has however, succeeded in raising the
wrath of list members, and that, to the end, may be the whole point.

I'm going to go out on a limb a bit (like I've never done that before) and
offer just a personal opinion that Mohamed is actually another list member
who has done a really swell job of producing a hoax. A hoax that will be
talked about and remembered for a very long time. A hoax that will bring
speculation and unfortunately at the expense of Mohamed (or whoever it is),
laughed about at Tucson, and on this list for months and years to come.

I'm sure that other list members might have also had their doubts about
Mohamed as well. But when you really analyze his e-mails and posts, something
seems a bit fishy. I'm also sure that if Mohamed replies to this message for
the list, he will do one of three things; 1) say a lot, but not really say
anything revealing (so read carefully) or 2) Sincerely give us the true
facts about who he really is, and his background. or 3) Remain silent, and
let us just speculate.

At any rate if Mohamed is another list member pulling a hoax---fun is fun,
but to perpetuate solicitation of advise from others of the list who
patiently go out of their way to give sage but unheeded advise---seems to go
the way of an urban legend---your story just won't die.

Mohamed, the forum is now yours.

Best,

Steven L. Sachs