[meteorite-list] Re-Asteroid?

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:37 2004

--------------E313AAFE66106E5557D784D6

Hi All,
When I hear about unidentified weather balloons, it brings this to mind:

http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/exit.html

Sorry for taking this off topic discussion further off topic, but I
never get tired of reading this and thought you would enjoy it too.
(Perhaps, a leisurely way one could look for meteorites in the desert?)
For follow-up info you can go here:

http://www.markbarry.com/amazing/lawnchairman.html

Best,
Ken Newton

MrX3010_at_aol.com wrote:

> Why don't we just say it was a weather balloon? The point is it was
> something unidentified and this individual has no clue what it was but
> he's pretty sure what it wasn't. Meteorite, asteroid, flock of geese,
> or alien craft we are clueless in the identity of this object. But
> based on the description I tend to agree with the aircraft hypothesis
> but that's just me, I wasn't there and respect the eyewitness report.
> Maybe it was Santa lol
>
> Merry Christmas

--------------E313AAFE66106E5557D784D6

Hi All,
mind:
never get tired of reading this and thought you would enjoy it too. (Perhaps,
a leisurely way one could look for meteorites in the desert?)
don't we just say it was a weather balloon?&nbsp; The point is it was something
unidentified and this individual has no clue what it was but he's pretty
sure what it wasn't.&nbsp; Meteorite, asteroid, flock of geese, or alien
craft we are clueless in the identity of this object.&nbsp; But based on
the description I tend to agree with the aircraft hypothesis but that's
just me, I wasn't there and respect the eyewitness report.&nbsp; Maybe