[meteorite-list] Ensisheim TKW

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:32 2004

Hello all

This is my 2 pieces in my collection of
Ensisheim...many nice the 0.46 piece....

http://it.geocities.com/meteoriti2000/ENSISHEIMGR.1.1.JPG

http://it.geocities.com/meteoriti20002/Ensisheimgr.0.46.JPG

Regards

Matteo

--- Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_uha.fr> wrote:
> Hi Anne, Joseph, Charlie, Eric, Steven, Julien,
> Thomas, Russ and list,
> Helo
> I wrote a similar message a few days ago but it
> appears (at least to me)
> that it was not dispatched. I am trying again today
> but with much more updates.
>
> Many thanks to all of you who started to report the
> amount of Ensisheim
> meteorite that is resting in your collections.
> I especially appreciate when you tell me the
> source. The fact that, for
> example, Eric's piece comes from the Vatican
> collection and was before in
> that of the Marquis de Mauroy, is a nice story and a
> very interesting
> filliation.
> Knowing the former owners could perhaps soon result
> in a huge cobweb but
> this could also possibly help me in resolving many
> cross cuts and try to
> perhaps build one day a 510 years old family tree of
> the metorite. Nothing
> to loose to try.
>
> I was also impressed by the weight of the part slice
> owned by Joseph
> Murakami. 45 grams would put him close to the top of
> the "hit parade" of the
> meteorite lucky owners (excluding perhaps official
> museums that are by no
> means far on top).
> But so far, as the compilation of even tiny
> fragments can proove
> significant for the big total, may I suggest Joseph
> weighs his slice more
> accurately as every further fraction of gram is
> significant for us (and for
> him good to know). The milligrams of Charlie's or
> Steve's pieces mentioned
> for their accurately weighed pieces are significant
> to us as well and so is
> the 0.22 g fragment reported by Julien. Small
> gulches make big rivers.
>
> I also had in mind compiling the weights of
> Ensisheim meteorites owned by
> some official institutions and I'd appreciate
> curtators of these institutes
> or owners of the related private collections bring
> me their weights,
> corrections and/or additions.
> I was ready to start the official contacts but, in
> the meantime, Russ
> Kempton provided me with an invaluable list of
> repositories and private
> collection weights coming from his database.
> I am very grateful to him, as his list is a
> compilation of several data
> bases, probably recently updated. As many official
> data, it reflects only
> reported weights.
> At that stage, it is perhaps interesting to compare
> his data with those
> officially published in two other serious
> references, namely:
>
> 1) the BM. Catalog (M. Grady, Ed. 2000) and
> 2) our own "Red Book" archiving the History of
> Ensisheim ("ENSISHEIM, Son
> Histoire ŕ travers les Pierres", edited by the
> Confrérie St Georges des
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/