[meteorite-list] Museum Online Collections

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:06 2004

The Jensen boys sent this one out a while back:

Largest Meteorite Collections in the World (By Distinct Falls)

1. National Institute of Polar Research Tokyo, Japan
2. Smithsonian Institution Washington, DC, USA 17,000 specimens / 9250
distinct
3. The Natural History Museum London, England ? / 2000
4. NASA JSC Houston, Texas USA 4000 / ? Online Collection Catalog
5. Museum of Natural History Berlin, Germany 3800 / 1287 Computerized dB
available to researchers only
6. Field Museum of Natural History Chicago, IL, USA ? / 1284 Online
Collection Catalog
7. Max Planck Institute for Chemistry Mainz, Germany 1250 / ? Online
Collection Catalog
8. ASU Center for Meteorite Studies Tempe, Arizona, USA ?/ 1200 No Catalog
available
8. National Museum of Natural History Paris, France Online Collection
Catalog

9. American Museum of Natural History New York, New York USA 5000 / 1100
Online Collection Catalog
10. The Geological Survey of Canada 1500/ ?
11. TCU/Monnig Collection Ft. Worth Texas USA 1523 / 950 Online Collection
Catalog
12. UCLA Los Angeles CA USA
13. Institute of Meteoritics Albuquerque, New Mexico USA ? / 565 Online
Collection Catalog

--
Rob Wesel