[meteorite-list] Re: Blue flash in Ohio sky still a mystery

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:05 2004

Hi Bob,

This wasn't a Perseid meteor at all as it wasn't coming from that radiant. Actually it
was headed more for the radiant! I am am amateur astronomer of over 35 years with a
backyard observatory housing an 16 inch newtonian. I'll give a more detailed account
in a bit for you. I know Steve Witt as we have met several times and discussed
meteorites over pizza and so forth. In my estimation this would have landed well north
of Cincinnati, Ohio, maybe as far north as lima. Need to hear some reports from the
other side of the fall.

--AL