[meteorite-list] Vigarano

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:03 2004

Hello Kevin, hello List,

I wanted to inform you that I've just sent this email to Mark in Canada.

Best wishes,

Bernd

Mark wrote:

> I'm looking for the person or people who hold the Vigarano meteorite.
> I need three different CV3 meteorites that are chemically reduced with
> as little as possible shocking to the mineral structure. I require
> them for my PhD project.

Hello Mark,

Kevin kindly forwarded your inquiry to our meteorite list.
Here are some repositories for major Vigarano masses:

1.4kg, Yale Univ.
1kg,Prague, Nat. Mus.
1.8kg, Washington, U.S. Nat. Mus.
273g, New York, Amer.Mus.Nat. Hist.
290g, Budapest, Nat.Mus.
220g, Paris, Mus. d'Hist. Nat.
157g, Vienna, Naturhist. Mus.
72g, Chicago, Field Mus.

and last but not least a small amount in Canada:

4.68g, Ottawa, Geol. Surv. Canada

Unfortunately I can't help you with any Vigarano material (wish I had
some in my collection), but here are some useful references that you
might find helpful for your PhD project for which I wish you all the
best luck! It is a Microsoft WORD attachment and this mail comprises
56KB. I usually indicate the size of such mails so that the recipient
can be sure it is not some virus-affected whatsoever.

Best regards
from Germany,

Bernd