[meteorite-list] Tulia (a)

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:01 2004

--B_3083777877_58836

Hi Mike and All,

Your comments sure ring a bell. I think you are right. I think the
classification might have been done on a Dimmitt piece that was called or
labeled as Tulia (a). I think the Seagraves connection was from a later
discovery and concerned which locality exactly the stone was from. As Bernd
so kindly pointed out, there seems no shortage of ordinary chondrites from
that region of Texas.

Cheers,

Martin

on 9/19/01 8:51 PM, Mikestockj_at_aol.com at Mikestockj@aol.com wrote:

> Hi All
> In our book we list it as an H5. The reference we use is from the list of the
> Monnig collection at TCU. I spoke to Blaine Reed while doing research for the
> book and he mentioned that Tulia(a) and Dimmitt were probably mixed up during
> classification.
>
> Mike
>
> Mike Jensen
> Bill Jensen
> Jensen Meteorites
> 8503 W. Mtn. View LN
> Littleton CO 80125
> 303-337-4361
> Web Site: www.jensenmeteorites.com
> Jensen Meteorites <http://jensenmeteorites.com/>

--B_3083777877_58836

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [meteorite-list] Tulia (a)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica">Hi Mike and All,<BR>
<BR>
Your comments sure ring a bell. I think you are right. I think the classifi=
cation might have been done on a Dimmitt piece that was called or labeled as=
 Tulia (a). I think the Seagraves connection was from a later discovery and =
concerned which locality exactly the stone was from. As Bernd so kindly poin=
ted out, there seems no shortage of ordinary chondrites from that region of =
Texas.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
<BR>
Martin<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
on 9/19/01 8:51 PM, Mikestockj_at_aol.com at Mikestockj@aol.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Hi All <BR>
In our book we list it as an H5. The reference we use is from the list of t=
he Monnig collection at TCU. I spoke to Blaine Reed while doing research for=
 the book and he mentioned that Tulia(a) and Dimmitt were probably mixed up =
during classification. <BR>
<BR>
Mike <BR>
<BR>
Mike Jensen <BR>
Bill Jensen <BR>
Jensen Meteorites <BR>
8503 W. Mtn. View LN <BR>
Littleton CO 80125 <BR>
303-337-4361 <BR>
Web Site: www.jensenmeteorites.com <BR>
&nbsp;Jensen Meteorites &lt;http://jensenmeteorites.com/&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3083777877_58836--