[meteorite-list] An Open Letter To Terrorists...

From: Michael Casper <Michael_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:01 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13FE6.3908F1C0

An Open Letter To Terrorists...Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but =
you missed America. You hit the Pentagon, but you missed America. You =
used helpless American bodies, to take out other American bodies, but =
like a poor marksman, you STILL missed America.Why? Because of something =
you guys will never understand. America isn't about a building or two, =
not about financial centers, not about military centers, America isn't =
about a place, America isn't even about a bunch of bodies. America is =
about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go someplace where you can earn as =
much as you can figure out how to, live for the most part, like you =
envisioned living, and pursue happiness.Go ahead and whine your =
terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany: "If you can not see my =
point, then feel my pain." This concept is alien to Americans. We live =
in a country where we don't have to see your point. But you're free to =
have one. We don't have to listen to your speech. But you're free to say =
one.I don't know where you got the strange idea that everyone has to =
agree with you. We don't agree with each other in this country, almost =
as a matter of pride. We're a collection of guys that don't agree, =
called States. We united our individual states to protect ourselves from =
tyranny in the world. Another idea, we made up on the spot. You CAN make =
it up as you go, when it's your country. If you're free enough.Yeah, =
we're fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That's an =
unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes from feeling =
free and easy about the world you live in. It's unfortunate too, because =
people start to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to =
fight like a cornered badger.So who just declared War on us? It would be =
nice to point to some real estate, like the good old days. =
Unfortunately, we're probably at war with random camps, in far-flung =
places - who think they're safe. Just like the Barbary Pirates did, if I =
recall correctly. Better start sleeping with one eye open.You guys seem =
to be incapable of understanding that we don't live in America, America =
lives in US! American Spirit is what it's called. And killing a few =
thousand of us, or a few million of us, won't change it. Most of the =
time, it's a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're crossed =
in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of =
Spirit. Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time. Sleep =
tight, if you can.We're coming.

                                                                         =
 "Author Unknown"=20
   =20

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13FE6.3908F1C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT =
face=3DVerdana=20
lang=3D0 size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">An Open Letter To =
Terrorists...Well, you hit=20
the World Trade Center, but you missed America. You hit the Pentagon, =
but you=20
missed America. You used helpless American bodies, to take out other =
American=20
bodies, but like a poor marksman, you STILL missed America.Why? Because =
of=20
something you guys will never understand. America isn't about a building =
or two,=20
not about financial centers, not about military centers, America isn't =
about a=20
place, America isn't even about a bunch of bodies. America is about an =
IDEA. An=20
idea, that you can go someplace where you can earn as much as you can =
figure out=20
how to, live for the most part, like you envisioned living, and pursue=20
happiness.Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your =
terrorist=20
litany: "If you can not see my point, then feel my pain." This concept =
is alien=20
to Americans. We live in a country where we don't have to see your =
point. But=20
you're free to have one. We don't have to listen to your speech. But =
you're free=20
to say one.I don't know where you got the strange idea that everyone has =
to=20
agree with you. We don't agree with each other in this country, almost =
as a=20
matter of pride. We're a collection of guys that don't agree, called =
States. We=20
united our individual states to protect ourselves from tyranny in the =
world.=20
Another idea, we made up on the spot. You CAN make it up as you go, when =
it's=20
your country. If you're free enough.Yeah, we're fat, sloppy, easy-going =
goofs=20
most of the time. That's an unfortunate image to project to the world, =
but it=20
comes from feeling free and easy about the world you live in. It's =
unfortunate=20
too, because people start to forget that when you attack Americans, they =
tend to=20
fight like a cornered badger.So who just declared War on us? It would be =
nice to=20
point to some real estate, like the good old days. Unfortunately, we're =
probably=20
at war with random camps, in far-flung places - who think they're safe. =
Just=20
like the Barbary Pirates did, if I recall correctly. Better start =
sleeping with=20
one eye open.You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we =
don't live=20
in America, America lives in US! American Spirit is what it's called. =
And=20
killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won't change it. =
Most of=20
the time, it's a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're =
crossed in a=20
cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of Spirit. =
Wait=20
until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time. Sleep tight, if =
you=20
can.We're coming.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT =
face=3DVerdana=20
lang=3D0 size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"></FONT></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT =
face=3DVerdana=20
lang=3D0 size=3D2=20
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
"Author Unknown"&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13FE6.3908F1C0--