[meteorite-list] Mail

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:59 2004

Dear Fellow Human Beings;
>From the I-80 corridor here in Wyoming; the mail trucks are moving. UPS, Fed Ex, US postal trucks are moving both
directions.
Yesterday, I saw 40+ small rental cars with California plates driving eastbound. Ground travel is effectively
operating. Gasoline went up a little and came back to almost where it was. Other than intense security at
appropriate installations (dams, power plants, national tourist traps, federal installations), life is still going
on.
Local radio is just now reporting an Amtrak train running into a freight train in Nevada...
I spent two years in Pearl....

My personal thoughts on this horrendous world event would probably not be fit for posting yet.
Our local radio station has been playing selections of patriotic music from an old John Wayne album. We know what
the Duke would have thought...
God Bless this mess,
Dave Freeman
(heading out to Denver this evening)