[meteorite-list] Photos from New York

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:58 2004

Geoff posted several photographs:

> My photographs from yesterday:

> http://www.notkin.net/disaster.htm

Dear Geoff and List, and NYC !

Thank you for posting these artistic documents of a human failure! My
personal attention was immediately drawn to the following pictures in
the first sequence:

1. Photo #6 with all those birds sitting, as it were, "impartially" on
    the phone lines.

2. Photo #8 "All Pedestrian Traffic. This "huge" orange sign almost
    "wipes out" the horrendous tragedy unfolding in the background.
    And some of those pedestrians only constitute a "minor" part of
    the photo.

3. Photo #12 is very compelling: 2 (two !!) pigeons representing peace,
    love, in most people's minds ... BUT: their silhouettes are crossed
    and they are immersed in black shadow. The tragedy itself which is
    unfolding in the background, is immersed in bright light (and a
    pale, blue sky).

Thank you Geoff!

Good night from here,

Bernd

P.S.: Thank you all for your wonderful responses to my plans for
tomorrow's teachings. Two young 15-year-old teenager girls (!) were
walking behind me on my way from the school building to my car. I heard
them discussing the irrational content of what happened. One of them
said she just didn't understand why all those innocent people had to
suffer. As long as there are such people in my country, I still feel
safe and at home!