[meteorite-list] Blood

From: MacovichCo_at_aol.com <MacovichCo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:58 2004

Roman and List

While the instinct is laudable, there is little need for blood as it specifically regards yesterday's tragic events. We were at the Red Cross Center in Midtown Manhattan for an hour earlier today and they are turning everyone away EXCEPT IF YOUR TYPE IS O-NEGATIVE. The hospitals have quieted and, sadly, the number of survivors are now few. Pictures of Arafat giving blood while accurate, are PR bullshit.

In a script that is playing out thousands of times across the metropolitan area, I just heard that in addition to missing friends, a cousin of mine is now missing. He called home after the first impact and said something akin to "Honey, you're not going to believe this, but the building has been bombed. I'm going to come home now. I love you. I love the baby."

He was on the 91st floor of the north tower.

A friend from Brooklyn called moments ago with an eerie report: much of Brooklyn Heights is covered with paper: financial reports, legal documents and the like; papers which blew from the upper floors across the water.

Steve, I thought you were a pacifist? Pork-covered bullets? Jake, my condolences, and the hope that some friends and family are found--alive.

dp