[meteorite-list] Situation in Washington, D.C.

From: Stephen E. Smith <vickie-steve-smith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:58 2004

Hi again list,
    Things are looking better in Washington, D.C. We are picking up the
pieces and getting on with the business of government and support for
all the families and loved ones. We are all reassured that this great
society will endure and appropriate actions will take place.
    It was sobering last night though. Outside was a cool, crisp,
moonless night. A perfect night for sky viewing with no commercial air
traffic in sight. However, military jet aircraft were visibly
patrolling the skies around D.C. When was the last time an American
city had to have an air cover canopy?
    I'm reading the emails and I too feel the rage. We must remain calm
and take action where appropriate and to whom appropriate. Let's not be
too eager to lump people or religion onto the same class as these
cowards.
    Vengeance may be a patient animal.
    Still dazed and heartbroken, Steve Smith