[meteorite-list] why why why

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:57 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C138CD.6D8EA2C0

Don't be too hard on the fellow. I grew up in that area, and these =
concretions were thought (common knowledge by those not knowledgeable) =
by most to be meteorites. No way to know different from what you are =
told all of your life until someone shows you the real stuff. This guy =
sounds like an honest fellow, and doesn't seem to be out to screw =
anyone. Some nice person send him a real chondrite and you'll make a =
meteorite hunter for life.
-Robert Beauford : )

To: Meteoritecentral <meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] Why, why, why.......

Hello all

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D1003327377

I'm selling 2 of these rocks. I was told they were low
stony chondrite meteorites. They weigh just under 2
oz. These were found in South Texas on my parents
ranch in Pipe Creek. I'm not an expert in this area so
I will guarantee total plus shipping if not completely
satisfied.=20

< I'm not an expert in this area >

And why you put this rocks if you are not a expert in
meteorites????

Regards

matteo

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C138CD.6D8EA2C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Don't be too hard on the fellow.&nbsp; I grew up in =
that area,=20
and these concretions were thought (common knowledge by those not =
knowledgeable)=20
by most to be meteorites.&nbsp; No way to know different from what you =
are told=20
all of your life until someone shows you the real stuff.&nbsp; This guy =
sounds=20
like an honest fellow, and doesn't seem to be out to screw anyone.&nbsp; =
Some=20
nice person send him a real chondrite and you'll make a meteorite hunter =
for=20
life.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-Robert Beauford&nbsp;&nbsp;: )</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>To: Meteoritecentral &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com">meteorite-list@meteor=
itecentral.com</A>&gt;<BR>Subject:=20
[meteorite-list] Why, why, why.......<BR><BR>Hello all<BR><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D1003=
327377">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D1003=
327377</A><BR><BR>I'm=20
selling 2 of these rocks. I was told they were low<BR>stony chondrite=20
meteorites. They weigh just under 2<BR>oz. These were found in South =
Texas on my=20
parents<BR>ranch in Pipe Creek. I'm not an expert in this area so<BR>I =
will=20
guarantee total plus shipping if not completely<BR>satisfied. =
<BR><BR>&lt; I'm=20
not an expert in this area &gt;<BR><BR>And why you put this rocks if you =
are not=20
a expert=20
in<BR>meteorites????<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>matteo<BR><BR><BR></DIV></FONT=