[meteorite-list] old timers

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:56 2004

<< So who the heck are you? Your website doesn't help either. >>

Usually when I read a deliberately unsigned post, I subconsciously tend to
dismiss the content a little quicker, but it doesn't really seem to rise to
the level of being offensive, at least to me. What Walt touched on above,
though, with a website, is a different story. I'm not referring to the
specific website mentioned, but when I come across a website wherein someone
is selling meteorites, I consider anonymity to be a very serious issue.
Whether intended or not, someone who goes to great lengths to hide his/her
identity, while "guaranteeing authenticity" of meteorites, has a cloud of
suspicion hanging over the business. The more personal visibility, the more
a dealer seems to be proclaiming his or her willingness to stand by their own
business....and the opposite applies, too. $0.02.

Gregory