[meteorite-list] aubrite vesicles

From: Steven Singletary <jumper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:56 2004

Well, I consulted my handy Mineralogical Society Planetary Materials volume
36 and it makes no mention of vesiculs in aubrites. I'll be interested to
see what Bernd finds :)
What part of the stone did you find the vesicles in? Near the edge or
center? In any particular phase or phases? If so, which ones? Are they
randomly distributed/form any type of pattern? What do the contacts with
the minerals look like?
Keep us posted on what you find out.

At 10:22 PM 9/6/01 +0100, Dave Harris wrote:
>Hello,
>...so with my new microscope, everything is coming under close scrutiny and
>I checked out my Norton County aubrite and observed vesicles if parts of the
>stone - what caused this? Is it as result of impact or is it the geological
>processes on the parent planetoid?
>Any ideas?
>BTW Matteo! your GL looks wonderful and green and little clear clinopyroxene
>crystal sticking out, complete with crystal faces! Beautiful!
>
>I guess I'll be asking a few more questions on this!
>thanks as ever!
>--
>In gentle decay,
>d.

Steven Singletary
54-1224
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
M.I.T.
Cambridge, Ma., 02139
Jumper_at_MIT.EDU

Blue Skies!!