[meteorite-list] Opinion of Current Trends in Meteorite Prices

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:56 2004

Collecting meteorites is like collecting comic books... or oriental
rugs... or any other collectible. Don't buy them expecting to make a huge
profit on them; buy them because they are cool, or beautiful, or you get a
huge charge out of holding a non-terrestrial piece of the cosmos. That
way you'll be sure of satisfying yourself, no matter what the market does.
Myself, I'm holding out for a thin slice of Esquel, credit card sized,
that I can actually afford for less than my monthly mortgage :-)

Tracy Latimer
--reformed X-Men comic book collector--